New Beginnings

Welcome to my blog! 

As the title states, I am a survivor of mental, emotional, verbal, spiritual, and sexual abuse.  Since I often find it easier to process my thoughts in writing than in speaking, I decided to start this blog as a part of my healing process.  Not only will I attempt to work through my experiences in a more visual fashion, I will also be able to record details and memories that would otherwise likely be forgotten over time.  I also hope that what I write may be of some help to others who have experienced similar things.  Since I am not yet comfortable with openly sharing the details of my private life in a public manner, I will for the time being use pseudonyms for myself (Bruised Reed) and for the people I write about. 

Just for the sake of clarification, I am a Christian, so there will be mentions of God, religion, theology, Scripture, and church in some of my posts.  However, I do not accept many traditional 'christian' doctrines, beliefs, and practices.  I am pro-woman, an egalitarian, and do not support any form of discrimination based on race, gender, religion, age, etc.  My writing may take a political bent once in a while, as I also attempt to interpret current events through the lens of an ever-evolving faith. 

FYI, all comments on this blog will be moderated before posting. Thoughtful and respectful discussion from varying perspectives is permitted and encouraged; rudeness, crudeness, and abusive language is not. (My blog, my rules.  ;) )  Also, while I certainly don't mind if some of my readers wish to use this space to vent about their own painful experiences, long-winded, abstract philosophical or theological comments may not elicit much of a response from me.  I tend to be easily overwhelmed by too much information, or too deep or nebulous of ideas.  If you want to carry on a conversation with me, keep it real, keep it short and sweet, and I will do my best to oblige!  :)

Blessings,

-BR

Comments